The Floodwood School Participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast program. Enticing meals are served every school day. This is a time for students to relax with their peers and enjoy a nutritious meal.
Participation in the computerized school meal program is easy. It is a pre-payment accounting system. You can send your check to school with your student or mail directly to the Floodwood School, P.O. Box 287, Floodwood, MN 55736, Attn: Deb Torvick. Every deposit must have the student's name and/or parent's name on it. Students must have money in their school meal account to charge a meal. Students are encouraged to bring in money to cover a week or month worth of meals to avoid daily cash handling.
To activate your meal account, you must make a deposit. Students may begin using their account when a deposit is received in the Food & Nutrition office. Students may NOT use their account with a negative balance. Families with more than one student need only send one payment per family.
Individual PIN numbers are assigned to each student by the Food & Nutrition office. Students enter their four-digit PIN number onto a keyboard when they go through the cafeteria line. This will deduct their meal amount from the computerized lunch system account. Please ask your students to keep their PIN numbers confidential. Accounts are monitored for security.
We welcome your input and hope you enjoy this system for accessing school meals. Please contact the Food & Nutrition Department with any questions.
*To be in compliance of new state statute 124D.111 & 124D.1158
Floodwood School Food Service operates on a prepay basis. All accounts should always maintain a positive balance.
Procedures for dealing with negative balances:
- When a student’s account is getting low, the cashier will inform the student verbally that it is time to bring money. A phone notification to parents of a negative balance will be made weekly.
- Students with negative balances will not be allowed to purchase anything from ala carte.
- All negative food service accounts must be paid in full as soon as possible, and prior to resuming food service privileges.
- All accounts with a negative balance as of May 30th of the current school year will be turned over to collections at that time.
Track your child's balance online:
- Go to school website and click on “Parent Portal” under "Students & Parents" in the menu, or go to https://arcc.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/floodwood.jsp
- If you do not have a User Name and Password, contact Lois Persons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-476-2285 ext. 70108.
- Once in, select “Food Service” on the left.
- Look down on the bottom under “Transaction Detail” and choose which child you want to view, either pick “month” which is the current month only, or pick “date range” to go view prior months, and select “go.” Each child has a separate account.
Staff accounts should always maintain a positive balance. Staff members will be verbally notified by the lunch clerk when their account balance is low. Staff will be allowed to purchase until their account reaches negative $10.00. It is expected that negative balances will be paid promptly.
If you have any questions about a lunch account, please email Deb Torvick at email@example.com or call 476-2285 ext. 70103.
This is to inform you that we have students in our school that have severe peanut/nut allergies. Strict avoidance of peanut/nut products is the only way to prevent a life threatening allergic reaction. We are asking your assistance in providing all students with a safe learning environment.
If exposed to peanuts/nuts the students may develop a life-threatening allergic reaction symptom that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the risk of exposure, the classrooms will be peanut/nut free. Please do not send any peanut or nut containing products for your child to eat during snack in the classroom. Any exposure to peanuts or nuts through contact or ingestion can cause a severe reaction. If you child has eaten peanut or nut products prior to coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands have been thoroughly washed prior to entering the school.
Since lunch is eaten in the cafeteria, your child may bring peanut butter and/or peanut or nut products for lunch. In the cafeteria, there will be a designated peanut-free table where any classmates without peanut or nut products can sit. If your child sits at this table with a peanut or nut product, he/she will be asked to move to another table. This plan will help to maintain safety in the classroom while allowing non-allergic classmate to enjoy peanut/nut products in a controlled environment. Following lunch, the children will wash their hands prior to returning to their classroom. The tables will be cleaned with soap and water after each lunch.
We appreciate your support of theses procedures.
Our school provides healthy meals each day. Your child may qualify for free or reduced-price meals. To apply for free or reduced-price school meals, complete the Application for Educational Benefits by clicking the link below. A NEW APPLICATION MUS BE SUBMITTED EACH YEAR. Your application also helps our school qualify for additional education funds and discounts.
Please submit your completed form to Deb Torvick in the school office.
2019-20 Application for Benefits pending