A MESSAGE FROM THE TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR:
For Transportation changes or concerns please call 218-476-2211.
1. Students will show respect for the school bus operator at all times and follow their instructions promptly.
2. Keep hands and feet to yourself and keep all objects inside the bus.
3. Students MUST remain seated in their assigned seat at all times unless otherwise directed by the school bus operator.
4. Quiet conversation with a student seated near you is allowed.
5. Students should WAIT for instructions (hand signals or otherwise) from the school bus operator EVERY TIME when crossing the street to board the bus or when exiting the bus. Students should be able to maintain eye contact with the school bus operator and cross in full view of the school bus operator.
6. Food, gum or drinks are NOT to be consumed on the school bus.
7. Harassment and bullying is prohibited at all times.
8. Students are to wait at the bus stop in an orderly manner.
9. Students are to board and exit the school bus only at their assigned bus stop.
From Parent/Student Handbook:
(refer to entire Student Transportation Safety Policy 709 on the district website)
Transportation by school bus is a privilege and not a right. Students must conform to School District policies regarding student conduct and safety while on the bus. The bus driver is the ultimate authority on the school bus.
Consequences for school bus/bus stop misconduct will be imposed by the school district under adopted administrative discipline procedures. In addition, all school bus/bus stop misconduct will be reported to the school district’s transportation safety director. Serious misconduct may be reported to local law enforcement.
School Bus and Bus Stop Rules. The school district school bus safety rules are to be posted on every bus. If these rules are broken, the school district’s discipline procedures are to be followed. In most circumstances, consequences are progressive and may include suspension of bus privileges. It is the school bus driver’s responsibility to report unacceptable behavior to the school district’s Transportation Office/School Office.
Rules at the Bus Stop
a. Get to your bus stop five minutes before your scheduled pick up time. The school bus driver will not wait for late students.
b. Respect the property of others while waiting at your bus stop.
c. Keep your arms, legs and belongings to yourself.
d. Use appropriate language.
e. Stay away from the street, road or highway when waiting for the bus.
f. Wait until the bus stops before approaching the bus.
g. After getting off the bus, move away from the bus.
h. If you must cross the street, always cross in front of the bus where the driver can see you. Wait for the driver to signal to you before crossing
i. No fighting, harassment, intimidation or horseplay.
j. No use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
Be on time
Have a positive attitude
Stay in your seat
Use your quiet voice
Keep the bus clean
Keep your hands and feet to self